• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

a morning thought

So I was just thinking do you guys think if stds didn't exist people wouldn't go on about how sex is so wrong immoral blah blah blah and wouldn't be so taboo and such? Just sex frenzys everywhere. Or What if all stds weren't so easy to go would herpes still get a harsh stigma? Or what if herpes was the other way around and easily curable as the others? Is it the actual symptoms or the lifelong thing? What if all the other curable diseases were lifelong and herpes was just a shot away from eradicating the body? Hmmmm

My thoughts:

We are a country founded by Puritans. We haven't managed to shake that off. Odds are they didn't know that many of these things were sexually transmitted... the taboo around sex is a complicated one, mostly devised to control women (because men were never punished for having extra-marital sex even when they brought diseases home to them).

I also don't think that the fear of STD's has stopped people from getting their freak on... otherwise, we wouldn't all be here, would we? You would *think* that with even the POOR knowledge of STD's, the fear of HIV would have had a bigger impact of people having sex, but it only slowed things down for about 10 yrs. :p