• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

cuts after sex

So I was having vaginal issues a few months ago but was tested 4 months after exposure and was positive for hsv 1 and negative for hsv2 but just yesterday I had sex for the first since all those issues happen and all the symptoms came back I am irritated and now I have 2 cuts on my vaginal area can it be that I might have hsv1 genital or could it be cuts from maybe his fingernails from rubbing too hard (sorry for tmi) just kinda paranoid sorry? Or can it be and allergy to condoms I'm so confused

Have you ever had cold sores on your mouth? The tricky thing w ghsv 1, especially if you already have it orally, is identifying if you have it on the genitals. I highly recommend having those swabbed w in 48hrs of appearance. Have you never had any other symptoms? Allergies to condoms don't cause fissure's, as I have an allergy to latex. Give non-latex condoms a shot and see how it goes

Yes, I have I've recently been having them a lot, well it just look like fingernail scaps like when someone scratches you you know? The only symptoms I've been having since the fist time I thought I had herpes was that I would get irritation, BV, reccurent BV, and reccurent yeast infection but no text book symptoms only what I mentioned, and I am very sensitive to scented soaps, what kinda symptoms do you usually get when you use latex condoms?

Just get non-latex. My body was so off balance after constant condom use and not realizing I was allergic. I suggest getting on a daily probiotic, to help w your pH balance. As for the cuts, I've not heard of that w an allergic reaction. Please go get swabbed immediately next time that happens.

This happened to me before I had herpes w condoms. I've not had one BV or yeast infection since having heroes for over a yr. I know at first until I learned my body, I'd think I might have a yeast infection, but it was the herpes itch. I journals my symptoms, along w possible triggers and location of symptoms to find a pattern and how my body behaves w herpes.

Ok thank I will try all that, and the cut has gone away after 2 days so idk what it was maybe it was nipped from his nail or something idk

And as of when I have the itch I usually get it in different places each time so I'm guessing its just a yeast infections which once I stopped having sex for about a month I havent had a yeast infection nor BV so idk maybe I am just allergic to latex condoms

I've been on and off valtrex for like a month now and my outbreaks have gone down but today I just noticed a little papercut scratch on my lip. Lately I've been feeling little itches and stuff on my lips but I don't ever get cold sores. I have hsv-2. Should I just take some valtrex? Idk if that's what cold sores are like. :-/