• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Info on antiviral and shedding please :)

Hi everyone :). I need some info from those who are on the antivirals. As many of you know I have been talking to someone for close to 2 months now whom I like very much, he even frequents this site too for info so ya gotta love that. We talk about H all the time and I am thinking I would like to go on the antivirals to safeguard him in the future should we truly get together as he lives about 6 hours away at the moment.

My question is once you go on the antivirals is there a timeline for it to say "kick in" or maybe "start working" is a better way of phrasing it. It probably won't make any difference if other precautions are taken at the same time but I can't find anywhere else where it may have been mentioned.

Another question is that do any of you that are on the antivirals have a preference to which one you do prefer? How about side effects from them although I'm sure that will depend you everyones individual system. I do have hypothyroidism but have been quite healthy besides that unless you count normal aches from getting older LOL.

Sorry but I do have one more question.... Is it true that you will normally shed from the same areas you have your OB's? The only "real" OB I know I've had with certainty in on my hinny a few inches from from my tailbone. Would that mean that when I shed it would "typically" be in that area?

OK I lied, one more question LOL. Has anyone tried Bentonite clay when they've had an OB? I mixed up a paste of Bentonite clay, coconut oil, tea tree oil & peppermint oil when I had my last OB and it helped quite a bit. The peppermint oil helped with the itching too. I discovered this as I was on a quest this summer to find a natural bug bite relief and came up with this minus the coconut oil and it really helped. You can find the clay in many health food stores nowadays.

OK I'm done now LOL and thanks to all :)

I believe the idea is about two weeks of it getting in your system consistently. Dancer may have to correct me on that, she'll be around later or tomorrow, don't worry.

Being everyones body chemistry is different, nobody can answer that but you. You'll just have to give it a shot. Valtrex you only take once a day, the other's, you take 2-3xs a day, that may be an incentive for valtrex for you to start. I also take mine at night. The first few weeks after being on it two weeks I had headaches and it makes me sleepy if I take in the morning. After a week or two if headaches, it stops.

It's more likely to shed where you're active the most, but there's no telling. You can shed anywhere in the boxer region.

Dancer is more into that naturopathic stuff and is a massage therapist, so she can help you w those answers.