• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My story and how being diagnosed with HSV 1 changed how I forever look and feel about myself

I'm new to H and this site. Am on another H forum but everyone who I tell I have constant pain, irritation, neuralgia, symptoms says H does not cause those things. I have ghsv1 and am only 9 mos. in w/No end in sight. Acyclovir did nothing. This pain on top of the mental anguish I face in regards to how this occured and I am ready to be done. I appreciate finding you guys and hope to gain anything from your experiences/insight.

@frankie1 are you located in the states? Are you seeing a GP or GYNO? They told me the same thing and I had severe neuropathy. Don't listen to them. Do you have any underlying health issues? Autoimmune disease's, other symptoms before H that didn't feel right, eczema/psoriasis?

2...yes I am. I have constant redness and irritation at the site of infection. I dealt with RA when I was younger and have a very hyper immune system. I'm in great shape (lift, run, eat well).

Only relief I get is through gabapentin...mentally and physically beat up

Sassy please forgive me as I'm not trying hi jack your thread. Just in similar boat. Docs continue to state H doesn't cause constant symptoms. I disagree. Mine are very real and mos. of constant pain has me completely broken. Having trouble thinking this is a harmless skin disease. For me it's been a life sentence. No joy. In a black hole.

Tried acyclovir which I feel triggered this constant prodrome. I wake up @95%. Caffeine, hot water or any friction heightens the irritation badly. Next step Valtrex I guess. Unfortunately all autoimmune drugs will do is cause H to exacerbate.

Praying for any reprieve. I've lost my self badly

Really you tried LDN? How long had you tried it and for how long? You haven't had H long, so I'm not sure how consistent you were w LDN and if you uooed the dosage properly.

No, I said no steroids should be taken if you can avoid it, while having H. As it seems to make it come back w avengence and people have trouble controlling H, even after they've quit the steroid's. Nothing wrong w taking antivirals w autoimmune disease's that I'm aware of.

I've just found those of us w autoimmune issues current or even symptoms from the past, just have major issues w controlling H.

I did do 1.25 for a week or so than turreted up. Maybe 6-8 weeks total. You can only get small dosage LDN at a few certain reputable pharmacies. Trust me I'm a doc myself. I know it works for some but did nothing for me. Not trying be negative just honest. I felt my mood start to dip that's about it.

Sassy please forgive me as I'm not trying hi jack your thread. Just in similar boat. Docs continue to state H doesn't cause constant symptoms. I disagree. Mine are very real and mos. of constant pain has me completely broken. Having trouble thinking this is a harmless skin disease. For me it's been a life sentence. No joy. In a black hole.

So sorry you are suffering so much. Perhaps you should contact Westover Heights clinic. They may have some ideas for you regarding dealing with H with an Autoimmune Disease.

And you may want to look into Low Dose Naltrexone...LDN has some potential for people like yourself who have ongoing pain due to post herpatic neuralgia.

https://www.drgonzalezmd.com/low-dose-naltrexone-for-fewer-herpes-outbreaks/