• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

With a little help from my friends

Hi all area !!!

A little over a week ago the ex-boyfriend and I got back together and had unprotected sex after being broken up for 3 months. During that time I slept with one person once and with a condom. He stuck up a little relationship with another woman and before we got back together had unprotected sex with her. Three days after sleeping together he notices two small bumps and marks on his penis, the next day I discover a lump on my labia majora. We got tested and came back as having HSV-2.

We did the blame game for about an hour after finding out, however, we text both of our previous partners and told them the news and both said that they were "clean". What I don't understand is how could the both of us get our first primary ob within 24 hours of each other when the last time we had sex was days before. I know you can spread the virus with no symptoms but for us to both have a primary at the same time that even my doctor said that's a little too weird. I just wanted to see if anyone has some sort of theory behind that strange occurrence.

His out break looked nastier then mine, however, he's all healed and I still have bumps. Mine was so bad that I originally thought I had hemorrhoids because I couldn't sit. He was put on 2 grams of genetic Valtrex from the start. I waited for test results and then was put on Valtrex 500mg, I have since upped my dose to 2 grams because I'm not healing as rapidly as I would like.

What worried me was that before the Valtrex I started getting numb, dull and tingy feelings in my calls and soles of my feet. I went on the Valtrex and within hours I was sick as a dog; flu like symptoms galore! I vomitted, had body aches, nerve pain on the upper tights, bum and lower back, I didn't have a temperature but I slept for two hours and woke up covered in sweat. Is this my body fighting back? The Valtex?

I've been on the 2 grams for a full day now and feel much better. The vomiting and chills/sweats only happened right after I took the valtrex at 500 mg. However, the nerve pain and odd sensations in my lower back have stopped as of yesterday, but I'm still getting pain in the Sciatic Nerve area and tangling around the site were my first bump appeared. Is this to be expected of a primary ob??? I also noticed that It's harder for me to control the stream of my urine. Will this go away in time? Any responses are greatly appreciated for I figured the best people to ask herpes questions to aren't doctors reading from a book but actual people with the virus.

I'll bet he slept w the girl right before you and he contracted it, didn't display symptoms of yet and then you have sex and he passes it to you. I've seen this happen several times w people. Someone is lying here. Those previous partners or your bf.. Those previous partners can't be sure they're clean, unless they go get tested NOW and full panel STDs don't include herpes. Many are under the impression it does and it doesn't. They are very likely asymptomatic and unaware of their status. If you guys don't see tests results, I wouldn't believe them.

Neither of us even care at this point of who gave it to who. We're just curious. I was with him for over 2 years before hand and never experienced anything like this. In some weird way, this kinda brought us closer together.

Also, they way my doctor explained it to us made him and I feel better.

Oh sorry, I missed the part about the symptoms completely. Valtrex isn't causing that neuropathy, that's H. Flu likes symptoms are H as well. I had severe neuropathy that presented a week after my initial symptomssymptoms, that was so bad, I had to go to the ER and get put on nerve pain meds for four months. I had constant nonstop paresthesia for like 7-8 months, then it went to just a couple times a day. Now I might get a few seconds tingle somewhere, itching, fluttering that's ticklish and makes me itch, anywhere from my vagina, buttock, back of thighs and feet. Yes, this happens w some people. Give your body some time to heal. The sensations of paresthesia are from when your immune cells sense infected peripheral sensory neurons and attack it, causing breakage in the sheathing, which then results in these sensations.

Also, the nerve that controls the contracting of your bladder can be affected by H as well, usually just in the primary as well. I had the same issue, more like issues w completely voiding. For some of us, it can take longer to get back to normal feeling. Took me a long time and I've never been the same, but I have autoimmune diseases.

The fact you've been asymptomatic this whole time and are just now having an OB, leads me to question if you being sensitive or allergic to latex, is what caused it to flare up, due to inflammation down there.

I hear ya... When you're in your primary, it can feel like its never going to end, but just give it some time. I forget, are you still on meds? If not I'd continue taking until symptoms subside. Make sure you're taking those daily Epsom salt baths, use bactine spray, it has a numbing agent in it and when lying down, use an ice pack wrapped in paper towels to place between your legs for some relief.

Sometimes that's a hard question to answer, but yes, I consider it to be. The nerves can take some time to settle down, after the primary. I seriously didn't feel semi formal for like 5 months, but I'm the exception not the rule. It takes time to settle down, so just be patient. Are you still in meds and are you taking daily Epsom salt baths?