• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

A ( late) herpeversary (is that the spelling?)

seeker

Holla mi compadres. Many of you don't know me, I use to be on this site frequently but needed to cutback. I found myself here today and decided it might be good to give an update. Esp for those of you who are new and somewhat freaked at the moment. Well guess what? this little virus will become less than an issue in your life in the near future. I know because I was diagnosed Sept of 2014. Here it is 1 1/4 years later and herpes is really only a blip on my radar. only when an ob occurs is it an "issue" and usually a minor one at that. Now I'm not saying this year plus was wine and roses ( more like beer and chicken wings) but it really wasn't all that different from most years in my 50 on this earth. I have had involvements ( so far only in the H community { not knocking being with an H pos person by any means, H ladies tend to be rather, well RWAR!!!}) The only Ob I had that was really awful was also during one of the worst kidney stone episodes of my life ( I have my baby in a sandwich bag, its 1/4 of an inch. remember I am a guy, we aren't designed to have things come out of us like that, no dilatation on my part). So, take heart, it will get better, you will feel better. I personally have met some really great people in my local support group, we talk, we joke, we drink beer, we act stupid, we flirt. you know normal people stuff because, WE ARE NORMAL PEOPLE!!! and by the way, so are you!

• 1 month later...