• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I was in relationship that had many red flags but I overlooked them because I felt I had zero room to judge someone else for any flaw they had since I was diagnosed with H. Long story short, I told them about my situation. It was the first person I had talked to and told about it since having it. I guess you could say I batted 1.000. I didn't have to worry about being rejected. She was very calm and even unphased about it. However, one argument happened and it was thrown in my face. Before I had mentioned that to her, I had many things thrown in my face from time to time but for this to happen after I opened up to her kind of urked me. I left and went home and she proceeded to text saying I treated her like crap and i'm thinking, you just threw something very personal in my face. Now I feel like I should have just dealt with it because she accepted me and I wouldn't have to face a future rejection.

Should I feel like I should have stayed because she accepted me? Is that a reason to overlook everything that anyone can do because I am flawed? That is how I feel.

Yeah, I know but it is still tough thinking that maybe it was me and I could have done something different. I guess also knowing that i'm back in the situation of having to face the rejection again. At 37, never married, no kids, it is just tough because I wanted all of those things. Thanks for the reassurance.