• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

UPDATE! And GHSV1 Qestion!

So I just got the results for my 12 week post exposure, still only positive for HSV1.

Quick recap of my situation:

Only oral sex but we were in bed naked and I did touch her vagina with hands. I don't think we had genital to genital contact.

3 weeks HSV1+ HSV2-

7 weeks HSV1+ HSV2-

12 weeks HSV1+ HSV2-

I have never had lesions just little dots (pimple like) on buttocks and thighs, I had a swab done and it came back negative. I have been getting the burning sensation in my genital areas since the encounter. I am currently experiencing this right now!

my questions:

1. Would GHSv1 be recurring this much? It seems like I'm always feeling either the burning, tingling or itching.

2. How reliable do you think my last test at 12 weeks is?

3. Does insurance cover the WS blot if ordered by your primary care doc?

Hey Hguy!

1. Based on the findings, gHSV-1 doesn't recur much at all, but since this is a new infection, it's common for the body to continue mounting an immune response through the first 6 months to a year after getting it.

2. It depends on what test you received. Did you get the IgG (ELISA or Immunoblot)? If ELISA, what were your index values? The IgG results should be pretty reliable since you're being tested after the 12-16 weeks suggested. But to be absolutely sure, yes, getting the WB is a good move. But I would wait until the 16 week mark just to be absolutely sure.

3. It might be hard to get insurance to pay for it, but it's worth a try!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Based on everything I've read, once the body has a handle on HSV-1 (which 80% of people do), then it's very unlikely that it will be able to be spread to other parts of the body, including the genitals. But HSV-1 doesn't provide immunity to getting genital HSV-2.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: