• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Itching all over

Since my First OB of genital herpes type 1, three weeks ago, I am itching all over. Especially my nose. And feet. Is this part of it? I have been looking all over for answers. The sores are long healed but I still feel flu like symptoms, achey, and low fever. And shooting pains down my leg. And crazy itching down there. I just want to feel better. When does this craziness go away?

Yes, but I'm not sure they're doing anything as my blisters finally healed and today I have more. I wasn't even feeling better yet from the first OB. Is this considered a second outbreak or still part of the first. Lips and nose still tingly and itchy. Legs still hurt and now my lady parts are covered in blisters. Again. This is misery.

Also I am taking probiotics and lysine supplements. I eat lots of fruits and yogurt, am trying to boost my immune system. I started antivirals (acyclovir -thank god it is working well for me) right away so I was in clear in 10 days but what I understand is sometimes it takes a while till the symptoms are gone. Whenever I get stressed, my OB site starts to tingle, it is like an early warning system. Hang in there. It will get better. Give yourself some time, eat well and don't stress yourself too much abt this.

Thanks, Jane! The b vitamins are already helping! God, I'm in trouble then! My whole life is stressful. I think I'm going to have to kick my adult son out of my house, just to keep my herpes under control. Jeez

But thank you for answering my question! The all over itch was driving me crazy! It's gone

Yikes, I know the feeling. The itching all over could be other things besides the herp (I recently discovered an overgrowth of Candida [yeast] in your belly can give you that overwhelming itchy feeling, similar to a yeast infection between the knees). Try cutting back on sugar for a bit and throw a tablespoon of ACV in your tea a day. Might help :)

The advice about supplements is also very sound! I take l-lysine, zinc, b-12, a regular multivitamin, and my valtrex every night before bed. I've been consistent for about a month and have been completely prodome free. (Full disclosure: I haven't had an outbreak since my 1st one two years ago, but I've experienced prodromes pretty frequently since). I have type 1.

Take care of your mental health as well! You'll be feeling better in no time.