• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anyone caught herpes after giving oral?

Hi all. I am in a sexual relationship with my ex for the past 3 yrs. He has genital herpes and we never do anything when he has symptoms. Last night he said he was still healing and told me to have a feel but I couldn't feel anything (I have before). Anyway long story short, I ended up giving him oral. I believe there were no scabs or sores. Has anyone caught it at this stage after a flare up? I understand there are always risks and we have discussed it before. Don't want or need a lecture. Thanks in advance. I'm not concerned if it does happen, but just curious

If he has HSV2, and the scabs are gone, you *should* be ok - only 1% of all oral herpes is HSV2 as it just doesn't like the mouth region. Even if he has HSV1 genitally, it sheds a LOT less than HSV1 down there, and your risk of getting that one orally is FAR higher with kissing someone who has it orally..... which you likely have plenty of times in your life.

Bottom line - you should be ok :)