• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My boyfriend doesn't want me anymore

So I thought I'd had a success story.....

Well seems it was too good to be true. My boyfriend never wanted to use condoms, which I reluctantly agreed to. He also said he was fine with the herpes. Until I had my first outbreak in the relationship which I needed to tell him about. Since that day hes asked a few times if I'm taking my meds. He's mentioned using condoms (apparently so he lasts longer) and he totally avoids sex with me, he's always too tired. I'm totally devastated. I thought I'd met someone who accepts me. Turns out I was wrong.

I'm so upset. Any kind words to help. Thanks.

How long has it been? And I'm assuming he hasn't made any move to end your relationship. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. I think he probably just got hit with the reality of it for the first time and just needs to process it in his own way. I'm sure when you talked about it initially it seemed like an intangible thing to him, and now this just made it feel more "real". I would give him a little space and see if things improve. And if not, have a talk with him and tell him how this is making you feel. He may not even realize he's doing it. Hang in there!!