• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ghsv 1 and fingering

Diagnosed with ghsv1 3 months ago... Have not has any sexual contact but new partner (h neg) has fingered me a few times. Can he contract hsv1 (oral or genital).

When i was diagnosed, it was confirmed by swab test, no oral lesion has presented, and still no oral. No outbreaks as well. But does it mean i have oral too?? Can i kiss someone (french, deep kiss) and get him infected?

Also, i met someone new who only has oral hsv1, if i kiss him, can i contract oral hsv1? (Like i said i was swabbed and diagnosd genital hsv1 and no oral presentation at all). Plssss enlighten!

• 2 weeks later...

Since you have Ghsv1, the only way you would ever know if you have it orally would be if you got a cold sore. I would not worry about kissing. So many people have it orally, and if you tell them you have it genitally, then you've warned them you carry the virus. It's confusing, sorry if I've made it worse. Just be aware of your body.

As for fingering, well there are mixed opinions on this. If they have intact skin (no hangnails, torn cuticles, cuts, etc) and you are not having an outbreak, odds are very low that they will get whitlow. (Not oral or genital herpes, that is from oral and genital contact, not fingers).

Since you both have the virus, the risks are supposed to be lower. I have been in a relationship just like this, and we never transferred it to the other area (17+yrs and no protection other than abstaining during outbreaks). There is a risk though. It is up to you whether or not you are okay with taking that risk.

I should clarify we've never had an outbreak in the opposite area. I can't say we haven't transmitted it because there's no way to tell outside of an outbreak.

Most people that get cold sores have had them since they were kids. Same virus, different area, funny how the stigma makes one so much more than the other when it really isn't.

You're welcome :).