• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

The mystery Doner

So on Monday, October 3rd, 2016 I was woken up to a phone call telling me I have tested positive for herpes. Right then I though my life was over. I had 2 people I could possibly be. My current boyfriend or my ex boyfriend. But the thing was I had been with my ex for 7 months and he had no signs of anything. And my current time boyfriend has only had sex with me and his ex girlfriend in the past 2 years. I still have no idea who gave me this unwanted gift with no return policy or even how long I've had it. When I told my boyfriend about it he was very supportive and took it very well better then I did. He told me he dosent care about what I look like or what I have he just likes me for me. Im very thankful that I have such an understanding boyfriend. But here I am still thinking that this is the most horrifying thing I will ever go threw. I don't know how to cope with any of this and I'm looking for some advice or even just someone to talk to that also has h.

@Kenz, there is a herpes buddy thread you could look into for local people to connect with. It helps if you have a preference in who you get advice from (same age/situation/gender/etc) or if you want one on one conversations.

Sometimes it's hard to pinpoint where you get the virus. Most people that transmit do not have signs or symptoms of an outbreak. Can I ask what type you have and the location? And has the boyfriend been tested? Sometimes when both partners are positive, it helps with the diagnosis. (Lessons the fear of transmission, you have someone in the same household that you can share your concerns with). Other times it starts the blame game lol. But if your relationship is strong, why not see what his status is and go from there.