• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Symptoms of an Outbreak

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with HSV1 in the genital area. I had my primary outbreak 4 months ago and have not had one since. I was told that because I have HSV1 in my genitals my outbreaks will occur less frequently. I was recently shaving and felt a ball-like lump in my southern region. I can barely see it and the color blends in with my skin. I have not had an outbreak since so I was wondering if this is something that could be a potential outbreak or something else? Thank you!

Hi @tnicole. While I haven't had exactly what you describe, I will say that I am still learning about my body after getting the diagnosis a year ago. I'm paying close attention and still trying to figure out what's an outbreak an what isn't. What I have noticed is that my outbreaks tend to be very sensitive. Sometimes I just get redness in the fold of my inner labia. Once I had an actual bump. Both would sting if I sprayed it with water from the shower.

I too would be curious to know if others experience visible outbreaks that don't have any pain or sensitivity associated with them.