• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Everything is so confusing.

I was diagnosed 3 years ago. I've been living day to day and slowly getting though the monotony of my life. Rarely any outbreaks after my initial one. In fact I believe I'm only on my third total outbreak this week. I live in a different state, and am seeing a different doctor. But the one I'm seeing now gave me my dosage for valtrex as 2x a day for 3 days for treatment. The last one told me 1 pill a day for 5 days. I can't seem to get consistent treatment suggestions. I don't know which is more effective.

The treatment seems to be working, but I'm finishing my third day, and the symptoms are still present, including the odd leg/nerve pain in my left leg that I initially recognized as a prodrome.. Should I request more drugs for this outbreak? Or hope they did the job and the rest works itself out in the next couple of days?

Does anyone else expierence the left leg/nerve pain during their outbreak?

Why does everything have to be so confusing and upsetting?! I've been trying not to let my diagnosis ruin my life. But it's starting to. And I'm sure obsessing over it just causes more stress and increasing the odds of future outbreaks. I didn't have any the first two years. And now I've had two in a span of 3 months.

I didn't have any outbreaks my first year and then a few around my period my 2nd year and I had my first bad outbreak since my initial one this year (I was diagnosed 2.5 years ago). H is just a tricky thing. It does what it wants.

I also get the left leg pain. I think its a swollen lymph node. It does start to hurt when I am stressed or if I've been working out a lot. It's definitely easy to obsess over.

As for valtrex...my doctor said to take 2 500mg pills a day during an outbreak. For maybe 5-10 days? For my first OB, it made the pain go away, but the spot was still there till it healed over. I was told to take 500mg 1x a day if I was just using it as a suppressive.

How that helps!