• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Confused...feeling hopeless

I've been in a committed relationship for a few years, it had been a few weeks since my partner and I had slept together, after we did for the first time in a few weeks, about 3 days later I started showing symptoms and everything I researched online pointed to H. I guess I had my first OB and it was the most horrific thing I've been through. I've been waiting to see my Dr, I'm going next week. But I've talked to my partner and he says he doesn't have it. I'm so confused how I have it. How is it even possible? My whole life I've never had anything close to this and very healthy otherwise. I'm so confused and feel I'll never have a full relationship again and even having children seems impossible. I literally feel so low.

If it is indeed herpes, then it sounds like he's one of the majority that doesn't realise he has it. Unless he's had a recent blood test which said he doesnt, there's no way he can say with certainty. If you wait a week before seeing the doctor, the blisters may have healed too much and you wont be able to get an answer for at least 3 months. Best to go whilst you still have the blisters if you want certainty.

After 3 months, you would have produced enough antibodies which would show up in a blood test. If you could leave it a bit longer, it may be more accurate though. I dont know where you live, but in the UK, its best to go to a gum clinic rather than your doctor. I think for the US, planned parenthood can see you quickly?