• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Intermediate Valtrex suppression

Hello all, question I have is as follows, if I want to stop daily suppression, however want it in my system for sexual events, how many days prior to intercourse should I start the Valtrex, in other words if my negative partner and I plan intercourse monthly would taking daily Valtrex say 2-3 days before intercourse allow enough time so that there is no shedding

I understand it just reduces shedding, if just figured with the costs and all and the possible kidney and side effects why take it all month if I could reduce it to around one week and use protection it should be OK to not spread, I have type 1 which I've read sheds less anyway

There are side effects with any medication, even aspirin. Alcohol is bad for your kidneys and liver, probably way worse than antivirals but that doesn't stop me from having a beer were and there. So those aren't even a good reasons. But if cost is your main concern, then I get it.