• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

In keeping with this a previous post asking about how frequent symptoms occur, I'm wondering if anyone can share whether they've had a similar experience with what I am going through right now?

I keep generally healthy, fitness-wise (although I've had some stressful times in the past couple of months and have been drinking a lot of coffee lately). Since March (so, for the past almost 5 months) I've had constant, continuous outbreaks. As soon as one finishes, another one starts. Like clockwork. I entered a relationship in this time, and we were unable to have sex d/t my symptoms, which I think it what contributed to it ending (even though he was a cool guy and found it to be not a big deal, I will question what would have happened if we could have been physically closer).

I have had the virus for 4+ years, so it doesn't have to do with it being in the beginning stages. Baseline for me after the first year, was about an OB once every 3 months or so. I was on suppressive therapy (500mg Valacyclovir) when this started, then progressed to 2 pills per day to see if this would quiet symptoms down, then went up to 3 per day. I noticed that I started bruising, so I stopped in case this high dosage was lowering my platelet count.

I really am at my wits end with this. I will talk to my doctor but not for a couple of weeks. I'm starting to feel depressed and hopeless, yet again, after I finally felt like I had come to a place of peace with this and what it means for my life. It's hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel, when the symptoms just will not let up...

Anyone have any similar experiences... or insights to offer me... would be greatly appreciated at this time.

@HereComesTheSun It's quite a coincidence that you posted this now. I've had genital herpes for almost 15 years. The first couple of years were horrible due to lots of outbreaks, constant butt and leg pain, and the massive amount of emotional turmoil. I then started having outbreaks monthly, around the time of my period. In 2011, I had a hysterectomy, and no longer got the monthly outbreaks. From 2013 to now, the outbreaks I had I could count on one hand. Then.... About 4 weeks ago, I felt the outbreak coming on. It was in a location that caused a lot of discomfort. It lasted about a week, had been cleared up for a week when another outbreak occurred, in a different spot. (My outbreaks occur in the vaginal area, but lots of different locations....) Three or four days into that second outbreak, a THIRD came about! I, too, have been drinking quite a bit of coffee, but that hadn't been an issue before. One thing I had been doing differently was I had been eating LOTS of cucumbers. (What can I say, I love cucumbers... lol) Before I started eating them regularly, I checked to see if they contain much Argenine, as I discovered a few years ago that Argenine is a big cause of outbreaks for me. Cucumbers don't contain much Argenine at all, so I went ahead and ate them like they were going out of style. When these outbreaks hit me so close together, I checked again to see if there was something about cucumbers that can trigger outbreaks. Apparently, they contain Citrulline, which encourages the body to produce more Argenine... I've cut cucumbers from my diet to see if it helps. The outbreaks have cleared, and I've had what feels like a mild outbreak *trying* to develop. I don't know yet if it's that, or just the regrowth of hair in that area. I doubled up on Lysine for a few days as well. We'll see if this halts the outbreaks. I currently don't have insurance, so I'm not able to go to the doctor. But if the outbreaks continue with such force, as soon as I get insurance, I will be seeing my doctor to have my hormones checked. I'm 41 years old and even though I still have my ovaries, it's quite possible my hormones are getting wonky. I haven't been dealing with it as long as you have, but I have had multiple outbreaks within a very short period of time. Think about whether or not you have added something to your diet that could be causing these outbreaks, and I don't know how old you are, but maybe consider hormones as a possibility as well. Good luck! I definitely understand the grief of having continuous outbreaks! I want to start dating again, but having near-constant outbreaks will prevent that from happening. Even if I were to date someone with genital herpes, I wouldn't want to have sex during an outbreak, so we may NEVER have sex if I continue to have outbreaks like that!