• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Transmission

lali

Is it enough for transmission if the penish slightly touch a herpes sore or some rubbing is needed? His penis touched where i usually get my sores for a couple of second. I blockes him afterwards with my hand so his penis wouldnt touch. Would this be enough? Thing is i didnt know i was having an outbreak. Barely any symptoms that i didnt recognize. I only saw it the next day because it started hurting a little more, constipation, lower stomach pain and vaginal discharge. And i really had to look closely to find them. So im not sure if they were already there or if i was having prodome at that time. He also fingered me and probably touched his penid afterwards would that also be enough for transmission? And i also used the same hand that i slightly touched myself when i blocked his penis from touching to give him a hand job. Im scared i might of put him in high rate of transmittion without knowing....im freaking out.

I just want to know if these are enough for transmitting the virus genital to hand to genital when sores are present. And really quick slight touch sores and penis? Or more rubbing is needed? Because when i gave him oral i did rub his penis with my hand that i slightly touch my vagina with....

Hi @lali -

I feel your pain. I’m full of questions as well, being very new to this, and I haven’t had a chance to speak to my doctor yet. I get plenty of views on my questions, and I was very grateful to see one answer come up this morning.

I can’t tell you for sure, but my understanding is you’re at risk of transmission 12-24 hours before your lesions pop up, and you stay in that state until your lesions scab over. The likelihood is greater with intercourse, but possible with genital contact. It’s less likely to be transmitted from your hands since the virus does not stay alive for long outside of the body (if you went immediately from one genital to another, maybe). It also transmits much more easily from male to female than vice versa.

All in all, in my very unprofessional opinion, I’d give that interaction a low to moderate risk of transmission.

The best thing you can do is be honest with him about it, let him know to watch for any symptoms and encourage him to go to his doctor, explain he might have been exposed and come up with a strategy for testing. He may have his initial outbreak within 20 days of exposure, so even if it comes with no symptoms it may be the best time for a swab test.

@20plus
Its holiday week, give people a change to post, you just posted yesterday. :)

When ur freaking out 1 day is an eternity! Sorry

We have all been there. When I got it the net did not exist and I had nobody to talk to, I didnt even have info to read like today. Talk about a freak out! haha. You'll be ok. :)

@boldaslove thank u very much for ur answer! I understand the risk are there, hopefully he will be okay. Atleast the risk arent as high as i was imagining. yes its very frustrating having questions and worries but nobody to talk to. I cant even talk to doctors because they don't even know much about herpes!