• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Muscle aches and pains

Hi everyone, I had a protected sexual encounter for about two minutes with a random girl. I don’t know her status but I started to feel really sick afterwards. Maybe the guilt. 5 weeks later the other day after I slept on a uncomfortable bed, I started to feel a lower back pain that effected my thighs. I slept on the same bed and the next day had butt pain. I’m not sure if this caused it or my obsessive urge to google symptoms but is this herpes? It’s been 3 days I’ve had the pain. I have no blisters nor issues with my Genital area. Any feedback? The pains come and go and are worse in the middle of the night. Please help.

The worst part about this is not that you could have been exposed to HSV it's that your sexual encounter was only for 2 minutes. Just kidding. In all seriousness don't worry about herpes, statistically speaking if you had it you probably wouldn't have symptoms anyway. Any time you choose to have sex there is a risk of STI exposure but those risks, especially when mitigated, are worth it for most. Alternatively you could never have sex again.

No. Not at all. Sorry for the confusion. I have no idea if you have it. Many things can cause aches and pains, like sleeping on a bad mattress. Most people who have HSV don't know because there are no symptoms. You could already have it if you've had previous sexual partners or gave/receive oral sex. All I'm saying is to relax. Chances are you don't have it, and if you do you won't have symptoms anyway. So live your life, wear condoms (which only reduce the risk of HSV and does not completely protect you from it), and have fun! You'll be fine.

You should get tested for the full battery of tests, including herpes if you suspect infection.

If you have sores, they can be tested directly. If not, you may have to wait a few weeks for your immune system to develop the antibodies that identify an infection.

I understand that you are experiencing a lot of anxiety and fear. Try your best to push that aside, as it won't help you in any way. Instead, decide that you will get this figured out, and that you will keep being you, no matter how things turn out!

All I'm saying is to relax. Chances are you don't have it, and if you do you won't have symptoms anyway. So live your life, wear condoms (which only reduce the risk of HSV and does not completely protect you from it), and have fun! You'll be fine.

Correction: ...and if you do you *might not* have symptoms anyway.