• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ex decided not to believe me. How do I accept genital herpes?

I got diagnosed three years ago and still finding it hard to accept.im taking valterx twice a day and have had no outbreak since. My last ex I told him and he decided not to believe me. How do I accept it ?

Hey that is great that you haven't had another outbreak. When you say your ex didn't believe you, what do you mean? He didn't believe you have herpes? Is he the one you think you got it from? At the end of the day if he is in denial, there is not much you can do about it. This is not something most people would want to tell someone if it wasn't true. I'm sorry that he did not believe you or give you any support.

As for acceptance, I'm newly diagnosed and working on it too. I'm mostly reminding myself that there is nothing I can do to change the past or my status, and the only thing I have control over is how I move forward. I will have herpes no matter what. But I can have herpes and be miserable, ashamed, angry, and fearful, or I can have herpes and be accepting, loving, and hopeful. It's not easy but just believe that it is POSSIBLE to feel better, including by looking at all the people living great lives and feeling good about themselves despite herpes, and start there.