• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can he use his hands on me?!

I've 8 months HSV2+ and take twice daily suppression therapy. Only have had one OB, which was shortly after I contracted it.

I've been dating a really kind man, and just over the weekend disclosed to him. We've not had sex. Some of the hottest make out sessions of my life(seems like an oxymoron). We've been naked together; performed oral on him, and he has used his hands on me. Through all of my readings/searches, I never took note to whether your partner could get H on his hand by them touching me below the belt. Everything I seemed to read was all about the mucus membranes of the mouth or genital area. Can anyone demystify this for me? He says he wanted to do more research before being completely intimate with me, which I fully respect. I do not want to mislead him in anyway about his risks. And already am feeling guilty for potentially exposing him via his hands.

Please, any guidance!

There is a risk of herpetic whitlow (infection of the fingers) through contact with open wounds (like nails cut too short, or skin peeling around nails).

Risk is always present, but the steps you are taking by informing him and taking your medication as prescribed are some of your best defenses.

The reality is that you each need to decide for yourselves what you are comfortable with and what level of risk is acceptable. Communication like you have been demonstrating is vital.

Remember that just because something was okay yesterday, doesn't imply that it's okay today. And the opposite.

Remember, stuff happens. Discuss what you would do if you did accidentally transmit to him.