• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Follow up from doc visit

Well I went to the GYN this morning..she did a thorough exam. She found no herpes! No old lesions, no new lesions, no trace of lesions. I did show her the area which I felt was irritated and she told me that could be because of being menopausal. I was told that by another doc years ago as well. She is an EXCELLENT doctor & I feel she was thorough and I have no reason to worry. There was nothing to even cylture. So, I asked to follow up with a blood test in a few months just for my own sanity. I am not here bragging, but I think I went overboard reading about herpes online. I have hsv1 because I have/have had cold sores before, but nothing below the belt so to say. So, if you think you have it, it is better to see a doc ..the stigma is real..but as she told me today..

More people have ir & it isnt really uncommon anymore...i am staying as support for others..positive inspiration...God bless you all!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I might be missing some back story because I haven't seen your previous posts, but just to be clear, you can't be sure of a herpes diagnosis simply with a visual examination since herpes can lie dormant and you can still have viral shedding. If you thought you got herpes, then best thing to do is to get a blood test 3-4 months after what might have been a first exposure.

• Like 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: