• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

VERY CURIOUS!!!

What’s up community!! 

I found out I have genital hsv2 7 months ago via IGG with numbers I think at 10..I guess I had a slight initial outbreak with 2 little “lesions” on shaft of penis but they did not ooze or anything like that nor did i have pain. I haven’t had any lesions or blisters show back up  or any prodome symptoms. I also have oral HSV 1 since I was very youg...Should I jump on antivirals to prevent transmission or would you say I’m not that “contagious” and in dormancy? I’m just looking into options if I get into a relationship, obviously condoms are gunna be used but later on in the relationship we all know condoms aren’t being used..has anyone not passed the virus without taking antivirals or condom  use? 

According to the research I've been doing, I'm pretty sure it can be transmitted at any time, even if you're on antivirals.  I believe it makes it less likely to transmit if you're not having an outbreak and on antivirals, but still possible.  You should ask a doctor to be sure.  

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Gina99 said:

The only way not to transmit ... is by not having sex haha. There’s always a chance! 

Haha!.. I know that, I’m just wondering has anyone not used antivirals or condoms and know they have not passed it on

Hey Jaymes.  

Im happy your taking this well and educating yourself on all the precautions. 

Sadly theres always a chance to spread it. But supression therapy is a great way to ensure your covered with the add on of using a condom.  

Id still go talk to the doctor and ask about your options.  Its always the best bet. 

1 hour ago, kinator said:

Hey Jaymes.  

Im happy your taking this well and educating yourself on all the precautions. 

Sadly theres always a chance to spread it. But supression therapy is a great way to ensure your covered with the add on of using a condom.  

Id still go talk to the doctor and ask about your options.  Its always the best bet. 

@kinator Yeah I don’t have any symptoms or breakouts. So sometimes I forget I have it but it does cross my mind at times and I wanna be as safe ass possible.