• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Over 2 weeks and still sick!

Hello forum! I had my initial GHSV1 breakout about 2 weeks ago and my outbreak healed up fine but I'm still experiencing flu like symptoms like sore joints and a slight fever on and off and HORRIBLE night sweats I woke up al last night absolutely drenched. In the last weeks some nights have been better than others but the symptoms are still there. On top of already feeling a deep depression from my diagnosis these lingering feelings of illness are keeping me down even more and causing me to withdraw myself. Has anyone else experienced night sweats?? Anyone have any advice on feeling like yourself physically again? Im on valtrex btw but I feel like I should possibly get on other vitamins to keep my immune system up. 

If you can I would maybe visit the doctor again for piece of mind. I had fevers (mild) for two weeks and could not live without ibuprofen for a while. However during the second week I started to get a sore throat. I went to the doctor and got diagnosed with EBV (mono, which is another herpes virus) Hopefully you are not getting anything else and it is just taking a long time to recover. I would only be worried if your fevers are consistently high (101 and above)