• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes dormancy?

I was just diagnosed two weeks ago with hsv 2, and I’ve been in my current relationship for a year, and with only this one partner for the last three  years.. my boyfriend is hanging in there but keeps saying he has never had symptoms.. only been with me and his wife in last 4 years, but his wife cheated with multiple people on him.. my question is in regards to dormancy of this hsv 2 virus.. we’ve had unprotected sex for a year btw.. So far my only symptom was one single ulcerated sore on my vulva, now anxiety has me waiting on something else to pop up.. ugh...  We haven’t had sex since a week before the diagnosis.. he says he needs to do the research to be safe. I have told him that it’s 50/50 on who could have brought the virus into our relationship... he thinks since he has bad no symptoms, or so minor he didn’t think anything of them that  he’s not infected I guess.. can someone help me out on some statistics here.. what can we do to move forward safely.. Is there a good chance he has been asymtomstic for the last 5 years and gave it to me ? He seems to think my recent death in the family and switch in birth control triggered the dormant virus in me.. 

he could be right about the stress triggering the virus in you. that is what happened for me. 2 jobs with lack of sleep was just to much for my body. 

But. you guys should understand that its possible that either of you had it. why play the blame game now? does that change your diagnosis? does that benefit you? time to semi de-stress about it. do you guys love each other? are you willing to make it work without the blame. love and support, not negative energy.