• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out I have hsv2! Feeling so low and damaged.

Hi all,

i have just found out that I have hsv2 and I’m totally shocked and quite frankly feel defeated with life. I’m 23! My ex boyfriend and I split over a year ago and been single since but only just found that I have this virus. I’m so totally crushed and just need some help and support with regards to how you put up with everyday tasks, without stopping and being reminded your situation. Does the dating scene scare anyone because I’m totally scared now. 

Is there anyone in Bristol or surroundings in the same situation as me🤷🏻‍♀️.

i must ask because right now I have no clue or answers to anything. I mean nobody asks for this but we never really expect to be diagnosed with such a virus or anything throughout our lives. Just feel like I’ve come to a dead end at the moment! 

Really appreciate everyone’s advice and comments and even stories! 

Thanks angel x

Honestly I found out at the end of June and it has gotten better for the most part and I tend to not really think about it most of the time anymore. It sucks though because when I start having chemistry with someone it immediately pops into my head and I am terrified about what opportunities I might loose out on. I’ve been more than fortunate that I have had someone who has supported me since she found out and I owe her the world for that. Really the most important thing is to find someone that will really support you. 

20 minutes ago, Donteattheworm said:

Honestly I found out at the end of June and it has gotten better for the most part and I tend to not really think about it most of the time anymore. It sucks though because when I start having chemistry with someone it immediately pops into my head and I am terrified about what opportunities I might loose out on. I’ve been more than fortunate that I have had someone who has supported me since she found out and I owe her the world for that. Really the most important thing is to find someone that will really support you. 

I just don’t have many people as friends as all mine are in relationships and have children. To be fair I just use my horses as therapy. Just don’t know who to trust and I’m worried my mum will not understand. 😕

I understand that I didn’t tell my mother either though I think she knows from someone who saw my medical paperwork and is waiting for me to come to her about it. An option I’ve heard of is therapists and support groups which I would like to try a support group I do think talking to someone can help a lot I got caught in my head a lot the first few weeks thinking my life was over but hearing someone from the outside tell me that nothing was wrong with me really helped me through feeling angry and worthless.

That’s one reason why I came on here to see others in the same situation and hopefully soon enough I can get back to being happy and feeling absolutely normal. Confidence has gone completely and I haven’t even left the house 🤷🏻‍♀️

• 3 weeks later...