• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

herpes and razors

Hey,

I believe for what I have read that you are HSV2 positive, right? You can not infect yourself again in that area.

It could be razor bumps, men's daily nightmare

razorburn.jpg

Or it could be that you are having an OB somewhere else. Perfectly plausible.

Eitherway you are not infecting yourself again.

Needless to say, do not share your razors with anyone, just for the hygiene's sake :)

Thanks for the feedback. It's definitely not razor bumps. :( I wish it were. I can't really explain what it looks like. I have taken my meds just in case that is what it is. I have never had OB in other areas, so, I'm curious, if this Is an OB, how'd it end up here? :/

IF it doens't look like the familiar H blisters, seek for medical advice.

Here is some insights about how and why H can appear somewhere else:

A recurrence takes place when HSV reactivates in the nerve ganglion at the base of the spinal cord and particles of virus travel along the nerve to the site of the original infection in the skin or mucous membranes (e.g. the skin in or around the genital area). Sometimes, the virus travels down a different nerve causing recurrent symptoms at another site such as the buttocks or thighs.

Right, but isn't that usually on the inner thigh near the genital? This is outer thigh near my hip/pelvic bone. It kinda looks like bug bites, but there are similar sypmtoms I'm feeling when I have an OB around my genital. Which is why I'm worried, because I don't want it to be "spreading" to other parts. :((

Would you think that it might be better to go to your doctor and find out?

In case of an OB, it's not spreading to other areas, simply the H finds another nerve way to reach the skin.

I've had a few of them maybe 4 in almost 5 years, the farthest was in my left glute (???) and never had an OB in that spot again.

Really? That's crazy. I didn't know that it could come in another area. It's upsetting me, because I have two small kids, and I don't want them to catch it, just because they hugged me. I've had it covered with a bandage for the past 2 days, so, it may go away. If it hasn't started clearing up by tomorrow, definitely going to see a dr. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it. :)