• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Please help me

I was diagnosed with genital hsv almost a year ago. My partner had oral herpes and performed oral sex giving me hsv 1 on my genitals. I had one outbreak shortly after the inter course and received treatment and a culture swab. My partner just informed me last night every time he performs oral sex on me he gets sores in his mouth. Is this a result of the genital hsv 1? Because I have genital hsv 1 should my partner stop performing oral sex on me?  

Also my culture swab said I was positive for HSV1 on the genitals but was negative for hsv2.  Should I still get a blood test to see if I have hsv2 or was the swan enough??

No, if you both have HSV-1, then your positive status is not causing outbreaks in him when he has oral sex with you. I've heard that some people think friction causes outbreaks though, and sometimes your face and lips can get a bit raw from giving a woman oral sex, so maybe he's experiencing an issue with that.