• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Help! I'm still new to this

Does anyone else have extreme itching all over their body after an OB?  Also I'm wondering if anyone has any tips if you feel an OB coming around the mouth area?  And lastly how soon should I wait to have sex after an OB heals?  My apologies for all the questions but I'm just getting over my first HORRIBLE OB.  ANY tips will help,  I was diagnosed with HSV1&2 about 3 years ago and am on Acyclovir. 

If you feel an OB coming around the mouth area, should eat more lysine foods, avoid stress and apply honey or OTC creams as soon as possible. For the question about sex after a OB, you should wait until your OB is healed completely, time depends on your body, as long as you feel free, sex is okay, but remeber to wear condoms every time you've sex. Acyclovir is the common antiviral med for herpes, but I don't take this med. I applied Prosurx through people's suggestions, it helped me treat herpes well and control further OB

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your reply!  I applied some garlic and rubbed a little coconut oil on the spot it was tingling & so far it's stopped. I'm not felling confident enough to have sex just yet,  there's no sores but pink dry spots. Is the medication you use prescribed?  Sorry for all the questions,  I'm still in the scared of every tingle & itch stage lol.  I feel so alone and scared since the OB. 

Don't panic. OB will be less severe over time. Also, the frequency of OB can be reduced by time. It's great when you apply remedies for the first satge of an OB, this helps prevent the infection from severity.  Keeping stress and scare at bay is an important way to control further OB. The medication I used isn't prescribed, I bought it on its mian website 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey hey!  It's much better, thank you for asking.  I had a little cut like lesion under that only lasted a day & a half thanks to my antiviral meds,  garlic and coconut oil.  I'm SOOOOOO paranoid at every little itch or sting in the genital and mouth area after this last outbreak.  Now I know what I thought were cuts were actually breakouts.  This last one actually produced sores that hurt like hell man.  I'm now training myself to know my triggers & stop the OB at the pass.  Garlic and coconut oil have helped tremendously.