• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Legitimate Risk w/ Symptoms or Anxiety

I was married for 10 years and am recently single. It had been 11 months since I last slept with my husband.

August 1-2 I had unprotected vaginal intercourse approx. 4 times with a new partner. He had no visible sores and said he was free of STIs.

August 25-26 I had unprotected vaginal intercourse approx. 6 times with a new (different) partner. He had no visible sores and said he was free of STIs.

The guilt and panic set in. My vagina felt itchy and irritated. I have recurrent bacterial vaginosis and felt like an episode was coming on prior to this last encounter. So perhaps it was that? I have seen no lesions or sores. 

Vaginal irritation has subsided but my vaginal opening and urethra feel slightly irritated after urinating.  I saw my doctor yesterday (12 days after exposure) and she saw no sores/lesion externally or on my cervix.  She took a culture and will be running other tests.  Urine was negative for UTI.

I woke up yesterday with a minor sore throat, which is now gone.  I did not perform oral sex on either partner so it shouldn’t be related, right?

I feel sick with worry which I know can exacerbate symptoms becomes I become hyper aware of every sensation in my body and I know I manifest symptoms. I now feel like every inch of my skin is sensitive.

I suffer from anxiety and thought I had HIV for years despite me have the most minute chance of exposure; I google any pain and have been convinced I have various terminal illnesses. I feel like HSV has become my new obsession. I’m having a hard time balancing my real risk with OCD tendencies.

I feel like I’m spinning.

What was my risk? Today is day 13, am I out of the woods?

Hey, im a guy but i have had genital hsv 1 since feburary but i wasnt diagnosed until august last month when i saw my first sore appear 😕

Up until then all i felt was sciatic nerve pain that i attributed to everything google said but herpes . im 26 with no insurance so im constantly searching up symptoms and what not . like today im light headed so im just assuming that its connected to the virus . 

Anyways , i hope my post wasnt too depressing 😂 . also good luck and i hope you make it out the woods 🌲🌲