• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Worried ols advise (transmission)

Hi everyone

This is my first post ever so ive had hsv2 for about 3 years my new partner is aware 1 day ago we had protected sex using a condom afterwards i realised that i am mid outbreak i have an open sore at the top of my butt crack ( sorry if tmi) now im so scared he will get this from me and i feel like absolute crap how likely is it that he will

Pls help so scared 

Hello @Whatiswrongwithme,

I'm so sorry you are going through the stress of possibly giving this to your partner. It's my understanding that, transmission is possible but unlikely given your circumstance. Based on the fact that he wore a condom and the placement of the OB, I wouldn't be too worried. I would just warn him to monitor for development of any symptoms and continue being cautious of sex during an OB. 

Warmly,

Strength123

On 9/13/2018 at 10:07 PM, Strength123 said:

Hello @Whatiswrongwithme,

I'm so sorry you are going through the stress of possibly giving this to your partner. It's my understanding that, transmission is possible but unlikely given your circumstance. Based on the fact that he wore a condom and the placement of the OB, I wouldn't be too worried. I would just warn him to monitor for development of any symptoms and continue being cautious of sex during an OB. 

Warmly,

Strength123

@Strength123 thanks so much for your reply you've eased my mind a little its just so hard to find accurate information about whether he would have to come in actual contact with the sore for transmission to happen or whether there would be shedding elsewhere so confusing i guess its a waiting game now urgh i dont think i can do this anymore 

Hey @Whatiswrongwithme

I don't have personal experience of H (yet lol) but I have read countless scientific journals and articles trying to understand how H works. 

The fact he wore a condom and the placement of the sore means that things swing in your favour. Apparently H is already a pretty fragile virus and coming into direct contact with it won't necessarily mean that it will be transmitted although the probabilities are higher. 

Someone could correct me if I'm wrong but men are less likely to get it due to anatomical differences. This is down to the fact that the virus needs an entry point into your system and for guys this is usually the head of the penis, foreskin and the urethra (where a lot of glands are concentrated) which have a small area.

So as @Strength123 said just monitor any signs of symptoms and if he doesn't get any then it's unlikely that you transmitted it.

Hope this helps!