• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Outbreak or not?

I have been newly diagnosed with hsv1. I found out not because I was showing signs or new findings on my body, but because I had not had an std panel in 2 years and I felt that it was time. I always ask for them to test for hsv1/2 when I get tested. I am over the initial shock of last week from getting a positive reading, but now I’m unsure if I’m having an outbreak or not. I felt fine for the most part last week, but Friday I started feeling bad. I felt tired, have a headache and I even started having some sore muscles, my shoulders and my sides. I have an uncomfortable feeling downstairs, irritated maybe itchy, it’s not agonizing to urinate but i notice it’s not like before. This headache just won’t go away! I checked myself for sores or bumps, but I didn’t see any. I went to the doctor and she didn’t see anything either. I was told this is not an outbreak, but with my head still hurting and my shoulders still aching, I am questioning her judgement.

Has anyone been through this? Please share I am so confused.