• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Pain, itching, burning unexplained until now

I haven’t gotten my final diagnosis as I’m awaiting the results. I am 25&female and about 6-7 weeks ago I had went swimming in a public pool and began to have itching afterwards, didn’t think much of it.. i work at a Gyno so i had an appt, atopic dermatitis here’s some hydrocortisone ointment, also with a negative vaginitis panel that excludes common factors of vaginal infections. Itching,burning persists so I see my doc instead of NP.. most of my issues were Vulvar- diagnosed with vulvar candidiasis-antifungal ointment that worked for a few days and symptoms returned more vaginal— Group Beta Strep showed light growth.. took kelflex.. felt better a few days.. comes back with a vengeance.. get another swab with culture that will grow bacteria that can survive with/without oxygen.. showed normal flora. Finally my doctor says it may be HSV as she did see a papercut type lesion at one of my exams. She began me on acyclovir 400mg 4x a day for 10 days.  It seemed to help after 3 days, I’m on my cycle now and day 6 of meds and the itching with slight burning has returned. I know my diagnosis will most likely be HSV1 as my boyfriend of 4 years was positive on an std panel we both had gotten done when we first started dating and mine was negative. He has never had an outbreak-oral or genital so I didn’t think much of it. So now into a month with no sex, a lot of crying and anxiety I’m just wanting to be normal again so badly. I’m hoping after day 10 and the meds are done I may have some relief and not have another experience as bad as this. Sorry this is so long to anyone who is actual reading. 

Hi trying2bsunny

I'm sorry you are going through so much grief right now!
no story/explanation is to long on here, tell it how you feel it.

I hope your OB's gets easier, normally your first one is the worse & hopefully
by the end of your 10 days it will of gone or at least feel better, if not ask for suppressants
to keep it at bay.

Hugs & plenty of luck to you