• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

French Kissing and Herpes

Gm100

I am young, gay, and inexperienced, so I am a bit paranoid about sexual encounters, etc...I heavily made out with a guy for a long time, who had no visual cold sores present, but I am not sure if he has herpes or not. Anyway, we only hung out once, so I was wondering what are the chances that I have contracted any form of herpes from this exposure of heavy french kissing? Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you!

It seems to me most people have had a cold sore or two some time in their lives so most people (not all) do carry the HSV 1 virus.  And yes you may have been exposed but that doesn't mean you'll get it.  If he has a good immune system and didn't have a cold sore that time time it's less risky...but the risk is still there.

Try not to get too hung up on it. Cold sores are easily treatable with meds if you get started right away. You should always take proper precautions when having sex though, always.

• Like 1