• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sharing my situation

I became incredibly ill around September 7th, by the end of the weekend I was even more sick and believed I had a yeast infection and started monistat per direction of my PCP. By Tuesday 9/11 body aches and fever were worse, up to 103 and so i went in to see my PCP. She had a thought about it being herpes before she examined me and knew as soon as she took a look, two weeks later and my labs came back positive for HSV2. I was in shock as I had no thoughts as to this illness being herpes. I was regularly tested for STD’s not realizing I wasnt being tested for herpes. I had been celibate for four years before recently starting to date my boyfriend, whom I am monogamous with. He was tested before his last partner, also not realizing he wasn’t being tested for herpes. 

The day after my exam I was able to see him in person to tell him what was going on as he knew I hadn’t been feeling well. He was in complete shock but I was able to communicate facts based information about what I knew about the diagnosis. He responded in a way that confirmed that he is the person I thought he was. He has been supportive and positive through the last few weeks and is getting tested himself this week. I am fairly confident that this is a new outbreak as I had a oral and genital outbreak at the same time, I also developed a lesion on my right shin, I had a cut from shaving there and must have touched a lesion and spread it to my leg. I hadn’t been sexually active in a long time and had never had symptoms before. I’m physically starting to feel much better. I had a vitamin IV treatment the day of diagnosis, completed 10 days of Acyclovir. I was able to go for a walk on sunday and complete a Crossfit workout yesterday. This week I am doing 4 IV treatments of Silver Hydrosol to boost my immune system. I also have gut imbalance issues that I’ve been working on. I started L-Lyseine 1000 mg 3x per day and 15000 mcg’s of liquid b12. 

I feel like the first day was complete shock, second day was a lot of grieving but my outlook has been mostly positive since then. My family and close friends have been incredible positive and supportive. I’ve realized already that this is a diagnosis of another health issue that can be managed and it doesn’t change who I am as a person. As someone who is already proactive about my health, I can continue living a healthy lifestyle to help manage symptoms and future outbreaks. 

I knew so little about this diagnosis just two weeks ago, I wish I had been more informed prior to experiencing it myself. 

Sending love and light to anyone struggling with the H diagnosis and looking to be a support for others as we all find out ways to manage and come to peace with this change in our lives.

hugs,

Elle

• Like 1

@Elle27 I am so sorry you are going through this, but it sounds like you have a great man on your hands.

How do you know that you are going through both ohsv2 and ghsv2? I have been dealing with both for 1.5 years. I feel like my immune system can’t get a hold of this virus. Can you tell me a little bit about you iV treatments? I’m very curious.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Stupida said:

@Elle27 I am so sorry you are going through this, but it sounds like you have a great man on your hands.

How do you know that you are going through both ohsv2 and ghsv2? I have been dealing with both for 1.5 years. I feel like my immune system can’t get a hold of this virus. Can you tell me a little bit about you iV treatments? I’m very curious.

Thank you! Definitely, I see a holistic physicians assistant for my general practicioner. I had a Meyers IV on the first day of the diagnosis which is basically a combination of different vitamins and hydrations- 

sorry my first reply got cut off. Basically boosting the immune system to be able to lessen duration, frequency, and severity of out breaks. I already have a poor immune system related to my gut imbalance of good bacteria so I’m hoping that this improves and will hopefully prevent or lessen outbreaksin the future. 

E3F0A79C-703B-4705-872C-6D0316AC686D.jpeg

To reply about the ohsv2 and ghsv2, The genital symptoms started first and then two days after I was diagnosed with genital, my mouth/throat/tongue became sore, numb, tingly, I got multiple canker sores on my tongue and cheeks, there was a white film covering my throat, tongue, and cheeks, the back of my throat was splotchy and my tonsils were huge. I did not get any cold sores at all. 

That is exactly how mine turned out for Ohsv2; except I also noticed a blood blister on the inside of my cheek and some red dots along my gum line. I also felt like I had TMJ 8 months later along with massive hair thinning.

please keep me posted! What area do you live in? Would like to see your doctor, but I’m sure it’s a long shot. Feel free to DM me.