• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anxious, struggling, feeling like I'm infected everywhere

So, I have genital HSV1. I was diagnosed via blood work (IGG and IGM) just this week, but the symptoms appeared about 6 weeks ago.  I had an initial outbreak, took Valtrex, it eased up.  Started a new job, was very tired and stressed, got sick, second outbreak happened about a week or so ago.  Still dealing with it.  

The person I was dating got tested before hand, and lied to me, telling me he was clean.  He only had HSV 1 (I asked to see the results - too late, unfortunately), and likely just thought of it as "cold sores," but still.  Since when the first outbreak happened I was under the impression he was clean and didn't think it could be herpes, I don't know if I touched a sore while looking and then touched another part of my body, like my eyes, or nose, or whatever unknowingly.  So, now I'm thoroughly convinced that it's in my eyes and ears and nose and sinuses and lungs.  I know it's crazy, but I know it can be passed to the eyes, but I would imagine that if I was having an out break it would have all appeared at once.  I think, truly, that I'm having a sinus infection and allergies which is causing any symptoms nasally and in my eyes and it can also be all the anxiety.  I have a doc appointment tomorrow and will have him check everything so that I can quiet my fears, but if anyone else can offer advice, I would appreciate it. 🙂   Ironically, I have no oral symptoms of an outbreak.  And my first genital outbreak happened about 2 or 3 days after we had unprotected sex for the first time (up until that point, it was protected, except for oral - also counter-intuitive, I know.  Though, I don't think I performed oral that day... so maybe I just happened to catch him the day he was shedding).  

I also take Symbicort for Asthma, which contains a steroid, and not thinking, I've used Flonase spray for allergies, which also has a steroid.  Steroids can squelch the immune system.  So now I'm like "OMG if I had a sore in my nose the Flonase made it go to my eyes and sinuses!!"  I know I'm being ridiculous, but these are the racing thoughts in my head that I need to calm. 

Also, his blood test showed IGG levels of 60 or so, mine only showed 2.05.  Is it something that builds over time?  Am I less immune and more likely to get outbreaks?  I really need to quell the anxiety because I know it's not helping, so please, any information would help.

Hey, darling. First of all, through my research and asking the many doctors I have working with me - HSV1 is not as severe as HSV2. Also, I know the stuff you can see online is SCARY so when you see people who have it all over their face / arms / etc it freaks you out. It is highly uncommon. I have severe anxiety. I worry about these things, too. I call my doctors all the time (they're basically on speed dial). I am TERRIFIED of spreading it to my toddler. My doctors all told me unless I molest him he will not get it. I still have these "what if" moments ALL THE TIME. Two weeks ago my son had a rash on his diaper line. I freaked. I called his doctor, sent her a picture, and even took him in to see her. She assured me it was a typical rash. It would not go away. It ended up being a fungal rash so when I used Lotrimin it went away the next day. I could not sleep or relax until I knew he was okay. Listen, this stuff totally sucks. Talk to your doctors so you will feel better. It relieves a lot of my anxiety when I have it.