• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

please help

im new to this i just got diagnosed with herpes a couple of months ago by my childs father we are not together but my question is . i only break out on the outside of my vigina and its very small only got one break out so far and i was curious can i still spread the virous to someone if we didnt use a condom ? they say threw body fluids but i never broke out inside my vigina im so confused

Hi! Yes, you can still spread the virus, even if you don't have an outbreak and even if it's on the outside of your vagina. Even when using a condom, you can still spread it. I never heard anything about body fluids.

But if you take anti-virals, you can lower that risk of transmitting it to someone else. Some people, including Adrial, have been with non-H people and haven't spread it by taking anti-virals and only having unprotected sex when they don't have an outbreak. There's still a risk but I think it's small. There's lots of information on this forum and maybe Adrial will jump in here too. Some non-H people are willing to take the risk of getting herpes if they have feelings for you. Some H people prefer to date other H people. That takes the risk out of it.

There is information on this forum too about how to spread herpes and how to have "the talk".

I'm sorry about your diagnosis. You will find that you can live a happy life with herpes. It's just an annoying little skin problem for the most part.

Hang in there!