• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dealing with Rejection

Here is a little excerpt from the book The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck  by Mark Mason that is bringing me comfort at the moment "People want a partner, a spouse. But you don't end up attracting someone amazing without appreciating the emotional turbulence that comes with weathering rejections, building sexual tension that never gets released, and staring blankly at a phone that never rings. It's apart of the game of love. You can't win if you don't play."

Rejection simply sucks and there is no way around it. Dealing with rejection is a normal part of everyone's life, dealing with it after a HSV disclosure just feels like a little added insult to injury. But like everyone else, you deal with the heartache and move on to further pursue what you want. 

I'm still surprisingly heartbroken after my rejection a month ago from the guy I was seeing when I was diagnosed. I'm waiting on my Western Blot results and catch myself day dreaming about getting a negative result and having him say and do the right things to win me back. I then quickly snap back to reality and realize that's very unlikely, nor should I want someome who bolted when then the going got tough. 

Today I am reminding myself, and hopefully others, that a broken heart means you are putting yourself put there. With each rejection and broken heart you bring yourself a little closer to finding someone who will accept you. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Strength123 said:

Here is a little excerpt from the book The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck  by Mark Mason that is bringing me comfort at the moment "People want a partner, a spouse. But you don't end up attracting someone amazing without appreciating the emotional turbulence that comes with weathering rejections, building sexual tension that never gets released, and staring blankly at a phone that never rings. It's apart of the game of love. You can't win if you don't play."

Rejection simply sucks and there is no way around it. Dealing with rejection is a normal part of everyone's life, dealing with it after a HSV disclosure just feels like a little added insult to injury. But like everyone else, you deal with the heartache and move on to further pursue what you want. 

I'm still surprisingly heartbroken after my rejection a month ago from the guy I was seeing when I was diagnosed. I'm waiting on my Western Blot results and catch myself day dreaming about getting a negative result and having him say and do the right things to win me back. I then quickly snap back to reality and realize that's very unlikely, nor should I want someome who bolted when then the going got tough. 

Today I am reminding myself, and hopefully others, that a broken heart means you are putting yourself put there. With each rejection and broken heart you bring yourself a little closer to finding someone who will accept you. 

Hey, can I ask you why you're getting the western blot test? Did you do something to combat the virus and feel it may be gone? Just wondering! I am doing ozone therapy, taking a shit ton of supplements, and eating extremely healthy (juicing, organic food, etc). I am thinking about getting the test done after I'm done with ozone therapy. They have seen the virus disappear from blood tests after 30 rounds - I will have completed my 30 rounds after this weekend.

@organicmama

I was diagnosed during a std screening igg blood test and have not showed any symptoms. After reading that the igg test can be have false positives, I decided to get the Western Blot test to be sure. 

From everything that I have read, there is  sadly no cure for HSV, only periods of dormancy. It's something I have come to terms with. I'm wishing you all the best with your therapy, but caution you not to invest too much of your hopes and happiness in the idea of a cure. If you do go through treatment and get a negative Western Blot test, please share it with us and if you find you still have it after treatment, we are all here for you. 

Warmly,

Strength123

• Like 1