• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Is This Normal?

I went to the doctor to try to get these dry white patches on my Genital area checked for herpes. They appear on my underwear line, inner thigh, and pubic area. They itch sometimes but not often, usually when I wash down there it gets irritated. I assumed it was herpes because I had spent so much time googling symptoms (probably not the best thing but I was nervous). Anyway, the gynecologist took one look and goes “this isn’t herpes?” . So I asked if she thought she needed to swab the area and she replied no and told me there wasn’t anything for her to swab. 

Does that sound correct? Or should I trust the gyno about my symptoms and chalk it up to something else? 

Herpes is painful, and that sounds more like an excess of yeast on your skin. I get similar spots on my underwear line and under my bra especially when I sweat a lot (summer and working out). Either way you should go see your doctor for medical advice.