• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Tanning beds or tanning booth ?? Ghsv1

Hey everyone.. I’m just wondering if anyone tans? I hear this can cause outbreak which I’m in fear of happening but I tan so limited usually once or twice a week for less then 10-15 mins at the most. I haven’t tanned since my diagnosis but I’m trying to get my life back to normal and hate to think I won’t be able to do this any longer because of the problems with outbreaks. If u do tan is there something you do special to avoid the outbreaks. Tanning is very relaxing to me plus I like the color I get. Like I said I don’t only go once or twice at the most a week. Usually it’s once once I’m obtain the desired color I want. Any info would be appreciated please. I’m really confused on this from what I have read. 

I was recently diagnosed too and would love to know the answer to this question. I haven’t tanned since my diagnosis but usually do about 2x per week.  After suffering through this first , awful OB, I don’t want to bring another one on.  Great question!! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Marco619 said:

I was recently diagnosed too and would love to know the answer to this question. I haven’t tanned since my diagnosis but usually do about 2x per week.  After suffering through this first , awful OB, I don’t want to bring another one on.  Great question!! 

I went in for only 6 mins and it didn’t bother me. I had to try it was bugging me.

• 2 weeks later...

I was diagnosed last year and have been going regularly (1-3 times a week) since then with no ob’s until about 3 weeks ago however I’m 90% sure that was because I was under heaps of stress. 

I have a friend who has hsv 1 orally and I once asked her experience with tanning and she sees little to no correlation between the two.

Also if it’s already a part of your routine and relaxes you that might be something you’ll want to continue! Stress is a huge factor in bringing on an ob.

Hope this helps! 🙂 

• Thanks 1