• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I bet U didn't know this about the Herp ??

I didn't know this either but as I was looking for Information on Skin conditions regarding to Food Allergy. I found this out, And maybe I wrong in saying this but for the most of Us, born before 1975, it seems to me that we all might just have the Herpes with in us and we don't even know we carry the virus as it sleep, till we become in contact with someone or some other type of virus that brings it out full force ??? If U have more info I would trully be appreciative to hear more on this topic. This is what I found. < It Is TRUE: The varicella zoster virus that causes chickenpox is a herpes virus. > find it out for yourself go to { http://www.medicinenet.com/chickenpox_quiz/quiz.htm } Chickenpox is a common childhood skin disease caused by a viral infection. Varicella Chickenpox is caused by a virus of the herpes group. The virus involved is called the varicella-zoster virus. Also cause Shingles: An acute infection caused by the herpes zoster virus, the same virus as causes chickenpox. Shingles is most common after the age of 50 and the risk rises with advancing age. Shingles occurs because of exposure to chickenpox or Reactivation of the herpes zoster virus. The virus remains latent (dormant) in nerve roots for many years following chickenpox and/ or Varicella-zoster virus infection: herpes zoster in T8 to T10 dermatomes ( herpes zoster with cluster of grouped vesicles. Grouped and confluent vesicles surrounding erythema on the chest wall ). -- Herpes zoster. Also called shingles, zona, and zoster. The culprit is the varicella-zoster virus. Primary infection with this virus causes chickenpox (varicella). At this time the virus infects nerves (namely, the dorsal root ganglia) where it remains latent (lies low) for years. It can then be reactivated to cause shingles with blisters over the distribution of the affected nerve accompanied (All all types of Herpes) by often intense pain and itching.

This I Already Knew, just wanted to point out what's written in bold:

Cold sores, sometimes called fever blisters, are groups of small blisters on the lip and around the mouth. The skin around the blisters is often red, swollen, and sore. The blisters may break open, leak a clear fluid, and then scab over after a few days. They usually heal after several days to 2 weeks. - Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus: HSV-1 and HSV-2. Both virus types can cause lip and mouth sores and genital herpes. - The herpes simplex virus usually enters the body through a break in the skin around or inside the mouth. It is usually spread when a person touches a cold sore or touches infected fluid-such as from sharing eating utensils or razors, kissing an infected person, or touching that person's saliva. A parent who has a cold sore often spreads the infection to his or her child in this way. Cold sores can also be spread to other areas of the body.

Please Reply ....

What You Think of this & Did You Know this or were you like me in the Dark about this info ?

Yes, chicken pox is a member of the herpes family! That is a little-known fact. BUT it doesn't mean that if you've had chicken pox that you have herpes as we know it. Don't get that confused. Chicken pox isn't the same thing. Having chicken pox won't mean that you'll have herpes outbreaks. Different members of the same family. And mononucleosis (also known as the "kissing disease") is in that family, too. Here's an article about that:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/12440-mononucleosis/

So here's the kicker that shows how whacked out our culture is about this stuff: Neither mono nor chicken pox has ANY sort of stigma. This just further reinforces the fascinating double standard that cold sores/chicken pox/mono are no big deal, yet genital herpes is somehow a huge deal ... They're all very closely related viruses, but because you get one from sex, that one magically becomes the most stigmatized. Here's a few posts on this:

http://herpeslife.com/what-is-herpes/

http://herpeslife.com/the-stigma-of-herpes-can-be-worse-than-the-virus-itself/

http://herpeslife.com/society%E2%80%99s-opinion-on-herpes/

And yes, cold sores can be spread only from skin-to-skin contact. This is a major reason why oral herpes (HSV1) is so prevalant (80% of Americans have cold sores/oral herpes!). People who don't realize that herpes can spread by skin-to-skin contact spread it without knowing it. I've heard many, many cases where grandparents or aunts and uncles kiss their grandkid/neices/nephew babies when they have a cold sore and pass it on that way.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

wow .... Thanks for the Info .... I think it's great to know the facts when talking to a special someone about this topic because this can help put things in perspective without making ppl feel like "Ohhh I have Cooties" Lmao But Yes I'm trying to learn as much of it so when I do meet someone I can Shed Positive Outlook on the herpes topic and then hope his Response ...... is a Yes .. I like to continue dating you! But if Not Hey it's totally FINE by me because There is SO Much more to Me then Having Herpes, I know regarless I'm someone that Anyone Would Love to Have in their Life. Thank so much bye