• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How long is the first OB

So I am done with my antivirals after my first ever OB and finding out I am positive for hsv1.  I know the first OB is the worst and people say it lasts 2-4 weeks.. but what lasts 2-4 weeks?  Is it normal to be itchy down there?  What is normal for the first outbreak once the sores are gone?  I just want to know what to expect!

I feel everyone is different when it comes to an OB.

I had one sore with mine, lasted 3 days. When the sore was gone i was swollen and slightly tender at the location for 1 week. I treated mine with Lavender essential oils which can aid in itching, my itching subsided with the oil. So yes its normal to itch but there are things you can do to alleviate it. 

It will get better 🙂

Having type one don’t expect to have a lot of OBs. At least you shouldn’t. As far as the itching I have no idea because I’m constantly itchy down there due to having lichen sclerosis and chronic yeast infections. 

Ive has it for almost a year and I’ve only had my initial Ob. 

I think it’s the overall symptoms of your OB lasts 2 to 4 weeks. 

You are heeling so expect to be a little itchy down there. Also make sure your extremely clean down there as well.