• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Interpreting my results (aka, I wish I never got tested)

Yes, that's a horrible thing to say, but it's true.

My IgG test came back negative for HSV2, but positive for HSV1 (2.39). And I have no idea what this means. To my knowledge, I've never ever had a visible herpes outbreak. I've spent the past two weeks combing the internet, and I can't seem to find any straight answers. Is that a high number? Does that mean is a recent infection? Heck, I don't even know where I have it (which is the worst).

I feel like I'm losing my mind. Every little itch, no matter where it is, sets me off. I guess I'm just looking for some straight answers. Anything to put my mind at ease.

What is the reason you got tested? Have you ever had a cold sore? 

I never got a blood test because I actually had an outbreak. I have type one orally and genitally so the blood test wouldn’t have helped me due to it not telling me where or that I have it in both places. 

Have you talked to your doctor? 

I haven’t done research in awhile but I thought the number is generally higher if you’ve had an outbreak. Basically what they are doing is looking for antibodies. The more antibodies you have the higher chance your body has to fight off the virus. 

I got tested because back in October I drunkenly slept with a friend who, mid act, decided to tell me she has herpes (she now claims she doesn't and says she doesn't remember remember saying that nor does she know why she would). 

I did go to my doctor initially when I thought I was having an outbreak, but he said it was nothing and that I was "competent healthy" after he ran a bunch of tests. Didn't really help, as I suffer from anxiety as is. I eventually decided to drag myself into a local blood testing clinic after months of worry.

After my tests came back, the physician told me I didn't have HSV2, but did have HSV1. He added it's not really an STD and not to worry about it.

Since then, I keep looking at this paper they gave me which says 2.39H out of range, positive. I've tried researching what this means, but I've come up completely empty. Now I'm sitting here feeling even worse than I did a month ago. I don't even know where I have it, or if I definitely have it.

My mind and emotions are a wreck, to put it mildly.

4 minutes ago, JustSomeRamdomGuy said:

I got tested because back in October I drunkenly slept with a friend who, mid act, decided to tell me she has herpes (she now claims she doesn't and says she doesn't remember remember saying that nor does she know why she would). 

I did go to my doctor initially when I thought I was having an outbreak, but he said it was nothing and that I was "competent healthy" after he ran a bunch of tests. Didn't really help, as I suffer from anxiety as is. I eventually decided to drag myself into a local blood testing clinic after months of worry.

After my tests came back, the physician told me I didn't have HSV2, but did have HSV1. He added it's not really an STD and not to worry about it.

Since then, I keep looking at this paper they gave me which says 2.39H out of range, positive. I've tried researching what this means, but I've come up completely empty. Now I'm sitting here feeling even worse than I did a month ago. I don't even know where I have it, or if I definitely have it.

My mind and emotions are a wreck, to put it mildly.

Have you ever had cold sores?  I’m not a doctor but chances are you just have it orally. 

To start off with! You are not alone! You aren’t. The creator of this forum is man who has genital herpes. I’ve spoken with several men who have this std. By panicking you are only causing trauma to your body. I know it’s hard not to think about but chances are it is just oral and it really isn’t that big of a deal. If you had an outbreak I promise you, you would know.