• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I think I got a false positive herpes test

I recently found a new love interest and wanted to get tested. I was tested a year ago and everything came back clean. Throughout the year I didn’t have unprotected sex even once, but when I got my results back from mylabbox seeing positive next to hsv2 immediately made my heart sink into my chest with instant tears. I was so shocked how could I have it ? I have no symptoms, I used protection! So I did my research and found out all about hsv indexes. I emailed the support line affiliated with mylabbox and asked for my index value where they then told me it was only a 0.60. doesn’t this mean it’s negative!? I swear I thought 1.1-3 something was a low positive and anything higher was a high positive. Why would mine say positive with such a low number? I’m too traumatized to retake the test.

• 2 weeks later...
  • mr_hopp changed the title to I think I got a false positive herpes test