• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Does this sound like herpes?

On April 20th I started feeling a tingling on the right corner of my mouth and sometimes it gets a little bit itchy. I’ve been having this tingling sensation for 11 days now expecting something but there’s no outbreak, sores, or rash? My lip is just tingling all the time. 

I kissed two guys one one in March and one in the beginning of April. I also shared a drink with a girl on April 19th. I don’t know much about oral herpes but I’ve never felt this before and it’s stressing me out. I called planned parenthood to see if they could test me for herpes and the lady didn’t give me a confident answer. She said their std tests are for aids, gonorrhea & chlamydia. Herpes gets a patient consultation— except, I don’t have cold sores so they might just ignore my problem. 

Im only worried about oral herpes. I haven’t had sex with anyone new in years. 

You probably already have HSV1 orally...most people do. You can get a blood test to see if you have antibodies for it but if you just newly acquired it antibodies might not show up for 3 months. Either way, HSV1 is super common and most people get the virus as a child...are you just curious or are you worried about it? 

25 minutes ago, Fmals said:

You probably already have HSV1 orally...most people do. You can get a blood test to see if you have antibodies for it but if you just newly acquired it antibodies might not show up for 3 months. Either way, HSV1 is super common and most people get the virus as a child...are you just curious or are you worried about it? 

I am worried. I’ve never suffered from cold sores before but it feels like I may get one. I know there’s a common herpes but I didn’t think I’d ever have symptoms or had it. I might though. 

Thank you for your info on the antibodies though. Hopefully planned parenthood can do my bloodwork but if not I’ll have it done at my next physical. It just sucks I have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment. I don’t wanna kiss anyone with this tingling but I also wanna go on dates lol