• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes and my relationship

Hello. 

I was just diagnosed yesterday.  Feels like my whole world is falling apart. I’m trying to maintain a positive attitude but as I’m sure you all know, that’s not easy. I’ve told my boyfriend of 2 years and we have yet to get his results back.  I know this is premature but Ive been reading that people with herpes have perfectly satisfying sex lives with non herpes positive partners. I guess what my question is how can you have a satisfying sex life with your partner? I would be greatly appreciative of any information. I’m scared and I don’t want to loose my boyfriend. 

I met my boyfriend after being diagnosed by blood test. He is negative and we have an amazing sex life. For him, he knows the potential risk and he is not worried about it, so we carry on as normal. Honestly, my sex life is better than it's ever been...

For me, the answer to how I have a satisfying sex life is because my partner and I trust each other completely, so we have a great relationship, which then leads to amazing sex and sexual connection. I really think that's the case whether you're positive for HSV or not. 

• Like 1