• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

GHSV1 1 year later

Hello all, I was diagnosed with ghsv 1 , one year ago. I am a 22 female. This forum really helped me throughout this year.... This year truly has been a year of learning for me. I’m a little bit of a hypochondriac so anything out of the ordinary down there I get nervous is an outbreak. I get tingling here and there and sometimes I will feel achy but those feelings are not consistent. Knock on wood, I haven’t gotten any sores since my first outbreak. I am wondering if anyone else gets these random feelings? Is this a potential recurrent outbreak ? Or just the virus waking up? Does nerve pain or tingles mean ur highly contagious during these feelings? 

Hey @Emd44! Good to see you again and happy to hear H Opp has been helpful to you. 🙂 

Those random feelings could be prodrome symptoms or at the very least signs that the virus is "waking up" and starting to move through your nerves, but it's not a given that it will lead to an outbreak or mean you are any more contagious. It's a bit of a gray area when those feelings are happening. (If it were a traffic light, it would be yellow — be aware.)

And there's always an opportunity when this is happening that you can talk to whoever your partner is at the time about it. Not from a place of fear or shame, but just as an FYI that you might not feel like going all the way, but you can explore other forms of intimacy instead. Or your partner may be fine with going ahead with it anyway since it doesn't necessarily mean that the virus is more active than at any other time during asymptomatic viral shedding

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: