• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My husband and I decided to try and have a baby. We are very excited I am already 24 weeks and just as much as I am excited I am so very worried. I want to have a vaginal birth but I'm afraid with all the hormones my medication won't work and I will have an outbreak before I go into labor. I haven't been on this site in a couple years at my hard times and now I'm feeling kind of lost and worried again I wanna have a perfect babygirl I am not sure how my body will react 

Hi there,

I have HSV2 & I had a baby in September. You will be fine. As long as your doctor knows and continues to monitor you, all will be well. I have friends who have delivered vaginally with H2 & they had no problems.

Due to medical complications, I had to be rushed in for an emergency cesarean. 

Wishing you and your sweet baby girl all the best. 

I have never been pregnant but my mom has HSV2 and had two vaginal deliveries! We were both perfect and did not get affected at all. I contracted this later on in my life for the record. Just make sure to have your doctor monitor you! You will have the most perfect little girl!

From the research I've seen about giving birth if the doctor sees anything abnormal they will give you the option to have C-section but the chances of your baby getting anything is less than 1%. Congrats!

• Like 1