• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

So many questions...

I found out I was positive for Hsv with the following numbers: HSV-1= 3.5/ HSV-2=1.0. I have orders a western blot to confirm results. I'm not sure if anything. My old physician diagnosed me as Hsv 2 positive and prescribed valtrex. They didn't even mention a second test. I decided on the western blot, after my own research. 

Let's say I am positive for hsv1. How do I explain that? I've never had any symptoms. But my mom just told me I had blisters in my throat as an infant.  

So I'm assuming I have hsv1.  Then why are the numbers so low? I saw some posts on here that suggests that if the numbers are higher, you've had it longer. 

I don't know if I now need the western blot. I don't really know anything now. So I've had it my whole life? I don't know. Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

The blisters in your throat were most likely not HSV1. You probably had thrush or some sort of infection like strep, if I had to guess (not a doctor, obviously). If you had HSV1 growing up, you would probably have had the mouth blisters that so many people do. HSV1 is so ridiculously common that it's hardly given a second thought by a lot of people.

The HSV2 number is pretty low. I would probably have the Western Blot to get a definitive answer. They will be able to give you the definite answer for both 1 and 2 so that you know without a doubt. I'd be willing to be that you are either really negative for HSV2 or that your infection is still pretty new and your numbers will continue to climb.